This post may contain affiliate links and/or be sponsored by a brand I work with. All opinions are mine.
Using Cricut to Create Luxury Labels in under 15 minutes
I’m back!!! If you haven’t read my first post in almost two years, click here. It is a good one! Today I’m bringing a new Cricut Joy tutorial. This machine is small AND mighty! I’ve been using it to create greeting cards mostly but today we are going to create labels for my homemade Body Scrubs. This tutorial is very beginner friendly and you can complete this project in less than 15 minutes.
I’ve set up the artwork for you in Cricut Design Space so that you can follow along with the tutorial.
What you will need:
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Weeding Tool Set
- Cricut Joy Smart Vinyl (Permanent) Color used in this tutorial: Tulip
- Cricut Joy Transfer Tape
- Cricut Joy Tool Set
- Jar for the scrub
- The first step is to prepare your image in Cricut Design Space. For the purposes of this tutorial I have shared the current label with you in CDS. I made two labels as I have two Lavender Vanilla scrubs to make.
2. Next, follow the prompts in CDS once you click the “Make It” button.
3. Once the Cricut Joy has finished the cut, unload the material and cut off the part we are going to use.
4. Weed the design using your Cricut tools. When you are finished weeding, your image should look like the image below.
5. Now we will need the transfer tape. Cut the tape to fit the amount needed to cover the circular design. Peel off the transfer tape and place it on the design. Use the Cricut tool in the picture below to smooth out any bubbles.
6. If you are creating two labels as shown, cut the the labels a part and cut the excess transfer material. Now carefully peel back the backing.
7. Place the design on your jar. You will want to be careful with this. Use the same tool to smooth out the bubbles before removing the transfer tape from the jar.
8. Peel off the transfer tape and repeat step 7 for the second label